Did anyone see Gray’s Anatomy this past week when they were performing domino kidney transplants. The idea was to match donors, who didn’t match their loved ones, to strangers. By the time it was over, six donors had given kidneys to strangers, but their loved ones all had a matching donor. Get all that?
In a convoluted way, I have been doing domino surgery on my living quarters. Due to an unprecedented surge in energy, I decided it was time to turn my spare room (aka craft room/guest room/catchall room) into a completely kid-friendly room. In other words, Abby’s toys are taking over. I need a play room. That necessitated moving out all the scrapbooking stuff from the spare room.
I moved the scrapbooking stuff into my office room. That necessitated cleaning out the closet in the office room. That necessitated going through the plastic organizer shelf unit plus multiple boxes that has been housing my rubber stamp collection and assorted paraphernalia. I am trying to convince myself that it’s time to give away the rubber stamp collection to a loving stamper somewhere, but I find I still can’t part with my stamps. They are so much a reflection of the various parts of myself….my interests and passions over the years. I smile as I look through them. Not yet.
So rubber stamps have been consolidated into one large box and two small ones. That freed up space in the closet to move another shelf unit in. That necessitated moving a shelf unit from my bedroom closet to the office closet. I then moved the rubber stamp organizer unit my bedroom closet where it now houses my ever-expanding yarn stash.
Whew. I know just how all those doctors on Gray’s Anatomy felt.
In other news:
1. I’ve been cut loose from physical therapy. Yay!!
2. I’ve decided it’s time to take an anti-inflammatory on a regular basis….thus accounting for lovely surge in energy perhaps.
3. I got my flu shot for the first time in five years, because five years ago I got a flu shot and immediately got the flu. I know, I know….there’s no connection. The outer brain knows that. But it was hard to convince the inner brain. However, I’ve gotten the flu the last two years in a row, and both brains think it would be a nice thing to stay healthy this winter. So I got the flu shot, and guess what? I didn’t get the flu yet. Must be working.
4. I’ve started a new exercise program. I’m skiing and hula hooping and playing soccer. I’m doing yoga and step aerobics. No, I’m not suddenly Superwoman. I’ve acquired a Wii Fit. So this winter, instead of being sick with the flu, I’m going to be better balanced and aerobically sound. I will have strong core muscles. I will strangle that voice that says “Owww” when I step on the balance board!
5. I’ve had a lovely birthday month with lots of celebrating the occasion. Here’s the very best celebration.
A wee bit of progress on the Tofutsies Toddler Cardigan.
Abby wanted me to knit an orange hat for Paige. That meant she would need an orange sweater to match. Can you see the slight change in color gradation? It will get deeper as it goes. I use two colors of Tofutsies at a time, and gradually drop strands and add strands. Neat! A special sweater for a special cutie...
That face says it all. Crazy election stuff? Tanking stock market? Leaves falling off of trees? Not much else matters when a baby is happy.