Here's a quick summary of the past week:
1. Incredibly easy driving from Michigan to Spokane. 2000 miles of great weather, little to no traffic, and some great scenery.
2. 4 good days with family. There were 10 of us altogether. Lots of cooking and eating. Lots of talking. Great knitting. Lots of loafing. Card games.
3. I hated to leave. We had planned to stay until Sunday, but my dad's been sick in the hospital and I could hear my mom's voice getting more and more tense. So we left VERY early Saturday morning.
4. As easy as the drive was going to Spokane, it was equally awful coming home. Lots of fog, lots of rain, lots of freezing rain. Still, we got home this afternoon. Just enough time to unpack and repack.
5. My dad is having surgery tomorrow. It would be fairly routine, except he's 88 years old and nothing is routine. I'll stay with my mom for the rest of the week.
So no progress pics till next week. Let me just mention that a certain wee wallaby is coming along nicely.